We have planned a worship service for families with children ages 10 and younger to begin Sunday June 21st at 2:00 pm in the old auditorium. The purpose is to provide a safer option for families whose young children may find it difficult to grasp the concept of social distancing. This service will continue only as long as health authorities advise social distancing as a measure to contain the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
The old auditorium will not be used for any purpose other than this weekly worship service. Parents may therefore feel comfortable about sanitation of the facility.
Here is what you need to know:
- All safety measures currently employed by Central will
still be in place, including:
- Masks should be worn at all times by all persons over the age of 2.
- All persons entering the building will have their temperatures taken with a no touch thermometer.
- Social distancing will be maintained as much as possible.
- Families will sit together around round tables in the old auditorium.
- There will be activity sheets for children to work on during the lesson. We are asking that you bring your own crayons and pencils if possible.
- Tim Hall will deliver a lesson for the adults as the children work on their activity sheets.
- In addition to traditional worship hymns, we will also be singing a few children’s songs.
- The Lord’s Supper will be observed.
Children will be expected to stay with their families during this service. As excited as they will be to see their friends it’s very important that they refrain from giving hugs or getting too close right now.
Families are asked to only use the old auditorium and the restrooms in the educational wing. Please do not go in other areas of the building.